Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a rash on the back of my leg,

I have a rash on the back of my leg,

Patient: I have a rash on the back of my leg, I’ve tried lotion, rx eczema cream and antibiotic ointment and nothing has helped. I was thinking it may be ringworm but it doesn’t look like any of the pictures I’ve seen on line. It is kind of in the shape of a 3…it is very itchy and unsightly 🙁 I’ve also read that ringworm is very contagious but none of my 3 children or my husband has gotten it.Is it possible for ringworm not to be in the shape of a ring or is there any other skin conditions i should look into?

Symptoms: Itching

Doctor: Thank you for writing to usThis looks like Hives or Keloid to me. Keloids will need a biopsy to diagnose. Talk to a Doctor as soon as possible for treatment. A biopsy might be needed to reach the diagnosis. Wishing you the best of health.Hope this helps you