Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a rash under my breast and it looks

I have a rash under my breast and it looks

Patient: I have a rash under my breast and it looks like white spots and its itchy and painful.. Is it shingles

I have a rash under my brea...-1

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Shingles or herpes zoster is a viral infection caused by var icella zoster virus.According to your history, positive points towards shingles diagnosis are rash over chest region, itchy and painful rash.But rash under breast can occur due the warmth and moisture there and can be seen in other conditions like yeast infection, contact dermatitis etc.By clinical examination and investigations like fluorescent antibody staining and PCR etc, the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care.