Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a red patch on my belly that’s been

I have a red patch on my belly that’s been

Patient: I have a red patch on my belly that’s been getting bigger over a period of weeks. It now has got dry skin all over it. It don’t intch or hurt.

Symptoms: Red dry patch on belly

I have a red patch on my be...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per details, there are following po ssibilities for your symptoms:1 ) P.rosea- it is a viral infection characterised by asymptomatic red colored rash with scales at the margins. The herald patch is pathognomic which comes first followed by new lesions in 2-3 days.it is a self-limiting condition.2)Tinea corporis : it is fungal infection of skin characterised by itchy red scaly rash. Topical and oral antifungals like fluconazole and topical clotrimazole cream is usually advised.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy