I have a red scab on the very uppermost part

Q: I have a red scab on the very uppermost part of my butt. It's in between the upper cheeks. It has scanned over and is not painful aat all, but is fairly large. I am in the Marine Corps and recently went on a field training mission and was without a shower for two weeks. Could this be a result of acratching the raw area where this scab has popped up?

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query.

The red scab on the very uppermost part of butt, with the history of field training mission and without a shower for two weeks is all self-explanatory. The itching might have instigated some sort of dermatitis with or without fungal infection.
I would suggest you to consult a Dermatologist to have a proper diagnosis. Till then do not apply anything as this may change the character of the disease and the Dermatologist can miss a proper diagnosis. This is so because most of the Dermatological conditions are diagnosed by their classical appearance to the naked eye.

I hope this helps you to get a proper diagnosis and get a proper curative treatment.