I have a reddish blemish on my elbow

Patient

Q: I have a reddish blemish on my elbow, it is circular and somewhat shiny. It has not grown but it looks whittish in the center. I could have gotten it from putting my elbow on the side while swimming because I swim 3-4 days a week. Any ideas what it could be?

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

Rash is a symptom that causes the affected area of skin to turn red and blotchy and to swell. A rash may cause spots that are bumpy, scaly, flaky, or filled with pus. An elbow rash can have a variety of causes, and it may indicate something occurring around the elbow itself or suggest a systemic (body-wide) condition. Contact dermatitis (skin inflammation) is caused by an adverse reaction to something that touches the skin, including chemicals found in detergent, soap or a fragrance. Rashes may also be associated with skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis and impetigo. The elbow is a common location for psoriasis eruptions, which cause scaly white spots and inflammation.

If the problem continues then talk to your Doctor.
I hope this will help you. Take care.