I have a reoccurring puss filled bump on the side

Q: I have a reoccurring puss filled bump on the side of my face. It started out swelling my face now it has reduced down to a nickel size bump. I've tried everything. Every time I drain the pus it hurts bad then leaves an open red spot then if I don't put a band aid on it will fill with pus again. The doctor prescribed me smz-tmp ds tabs for my staph boils under my arms which she said would also help with my face. It hasnt helped. My face started to swell around September 2014 reduced to a bump around November. I saw the doctor in December. It is now April and I'm still going through day to day with an band aid on my face. What can it be it is starting to cause scarring. I'm scared it may leave a dent in my face. How can I resolve this issue.

I have a reoccurring puss f...-1

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your problem. You have got this problem since Dec 2014 and has become recurrent in spite of antibiotic and local band aid.
If this would have been just an infected cyst, it might have got cleared off.
This may be due to a sinus formation with its base on the bone below because of a caries tooth or so.

I would advise you to consult a Oral Surgeon or ENT Surgeon to see the primary focus inside the mouth, get the X-ray of the teeth and the mandible. It may show up the problem. If this is normal, then it may be a recurrent cyst as you have suspected.

The treatment will be antibiotic cover again and if required then the surgery.
I hope this answer helps you.