I have a scar

Patient : I have a tiny pink scar under my lip however its very noticeable to me what procdure would make it less noticdable
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. In the absence of a photograph and history of the scar, it is difficult to provide a def initive answer to your question. I am assuming your scar in below your lower lip. Scars can take up to 1 year for the redness to fade. During that first year there are several techniques that can improve scar appearance. Firm daily scar massage (some suggest using a silicone based scar cream) has been shown to increase the time to scar maturation. It is imperative to decrease the amount of sun exposure to scars as they may remain red if exposed to UV radiation. Sunscreen should be warn if out in the sun. After 1 year, if the scar is thick and raised, a plastic surgeon may consider a scar revision where they would excise the scar and reclose the wound. If the scar is simply pink with no significant raised area, then a pulsed dye laser may be beneficial in removing the color. good luck