I have a severe cough that I can't seem to treat.

Q: I have a very persistent cough that isn't responding well to any medication I take, and it seems to only be getting worse. It started last Thursday after a fire extinguisher was set off. I'm not sure its related to that because a guy I work with was sick as well and could possibly have affected me, or it could be a combination of both. I initially got very sick, throwing up, weakness, all of it. It's now down to just major congestion in my nose, chest, throat, and a very bad cough. Like every 10 minutes or so and it's coughing to the point where I'm almost choking and I can't seem to breathe right. I can't even sleep right now. The cough just gets worse and worse and medicine seems to have little affect. Even Tessalon.

Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose, sore throat, chest congestion,