I have a severe pain in my left ribcage that

Patient

Q: I have a severe pain in my left ribcage that is radiating into my back it feels as tho someone iis stabbing me and it is accompanied by severe nausea

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

I have following diagnosis for you:
1. Muscular Pain
2. Cardiac Chest pain.
3. Acid reflux.

It is important to differentiate between the all as the treatment course is entirely different.
The Muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature.
However, the Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising. It also radiated to left arm.

In such scenario, I would advise you to get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not.
If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
I advise following to my patients in case of Muscular pain:
1. To do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day.
2. To apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area.
3. To take anti-inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen, Etoricoxib.
On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5-7 days.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy