I have a severe rebound sinus infection and have been

Patient: I have a severe rebound sinus infection and have been on a 10 day course of amoxicillin. I’m about 70% better but pain and pressure are still persisting. Should I continue with antibiotics?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You are suffering from Chronic Sinusitis.Usually, an acute att ack takes 5 days to settle down. But if you have persisting sinusitis, you would require to get CT Para nasal sinuses.If the CT shows slight sinus infection, then it can be treated with conservative treatment.But if the infection is severe, you would require surgery for the same.Conservative management includes:1. Steam inhalation 4-6 times a day.2. To take anti-allergic like Levocetirizine3. In cases, who don’t respond to anti-allergic drugs, Fluticasone Nasal spray.4. Shirt course of antibiotics like Amoxycillin and Clarithromycin.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy