I have a sharp bb sized lump On the shaft

Patient

Q: I have a sharp bb sized lump. On the shaft near the testicles. It is hard to get a hold of. Once I can get ahold of it. It feels rock hard. I put pressure on it like pushing a needle out of the skin. Feels like its cutting. I have had it for a couple of years. And has not grown in size. What could it be?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It is possible that you have an infected lump near the shaft of the penis. This occurs when a focus of bacteria or virus starts to cause an immune reaction in the body. If you have pain when you try to squeeze the ball, then it is very likely that you have this type of lesion. I recommend that you see a Doctor if the lesion stays for more than 5 days.

The Doctor will biopsy it and view it under a microscope to confirm the diagnosis. Hope this helps you. All the best.