I have a sharp jabbing pain sitting on shoulder

Patient : I have a sharp jabbing pain sitting on the top and aroundy right shoulder. I woke up one morning with and sore neck and thought nothing of it, went to have some medication puty right arm up and I was in the most pain I jVe ever been in right from my neck down to my hand. It plays up ever now and then but this time it is worse. I have it for 3 days now and no relief from medication stings when I take heavy foots steps and lying on it or carrying heavy thing. Plsease help
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor. You seem to have developed Acute nerve Compression of Cervical Disc. I am saying t his based on your history of radiation of pain to the arm. The pain of cervical disc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness. I would advise you to get a MRI Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse. For pain i would advise following: 1. A Pain killer like Ibuprofen/Etoricoxib can be taken for pain relief. 2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area. 3. To apply Diclofenac / Volini ointment locally. 4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage. 5. A combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux. Your pain would start getting better in 5 days if this is a simple muscular pain. Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy