I have a sharp jabbing pain sitting on shoulder

Patient: I have a sharp jabbing pain sitting on the top and aroundy right shoulder.I woke up one morning with and sore neck and thought nothing of it, went to have some medication puty right arm up and I was in the most pain I jVe ever been in right from my neck down to my hand.It plays up ever now and then but this time it is worse. I have it for 3 days now and no relief from medication stings when I take heavy foots steps and lying on it or carrying heavy thing.Plsease help

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to have developed Acute nerve Compression of Cervical Disc.I am saying t his based on your history of radiation of pain to the arm.The pain of cervical disc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness.I would advise you to get a MRI Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.For pain i would advise following:1. A Pain killer like Ibuprofen/Etoricoxib can be taken for pain relief.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac / Volini ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.5. A combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone for acid reflux.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days if this is a simple muscular pain.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy