I have a sharp pain below my rib cage when

Patient

Q: I have a sharp pain below my rib cage when i breathe in and when i move in certain ways? Plus my stomach and side seem to be stiff when i push on it when im standing but not sitting.

Doctor

The causes of your symptoms could be acute gastritis, costo chondritis or rib inflammation or even a simple muscle pull of the abdomen. Consult a surgeon for an examination and investigations. Avoid lifting heavy weights, smoking, alcohol, jumping and jolting until you see the doctor. Drink plenty of water and have a bland diet. You may try hot fomentation over the area.

Hope this helped.