Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a sharp pain in my chest followed by

I have a sharp pain in my chest followed by

Patient: I have a sharp pain in my chest followed by a rapid heart rate

Symptoms: Sharp chest pains, rapid heart rate

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.What you are feeling is called as Palpitations.They can be bec ause of anxiety.However, I would like to rule out Thyroid issues in cases of Palpitations.Many a times, people on any medications can also feel the palpitations like people taking Salbutamol for Asthma.I would advise you to get following investigations done:1.Thyroid Profile2.ECG3. Holter monitoring.If they are normal, you should start practicing yoga and meditation.Avoid smoking, alcohol consumption, excess of caffeine.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy