Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a sharp pain in the tip of my

I have a sharp pain in the tip of my

Patient: I have a sharp pain in the tip of my penis that comes and goes for a split sec and it happens every 10 sec..on a scale from 1 to 10 it’s a 3. It’s been going on for about 6 days now and it got me worried

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood that you are getting sharp pains in the tip of the penis lasting for a split second and repeats every 10 seconds for the last 6 days .The commonest reasons are :Cystitis , may be with a stop irritating the trigone area and causing such a referred problem.Urethritis.I would advise you the following:- Send the urine sample for culture and sensitivity before the start of the antibiotic.-Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen for the genitourinary tract.-Consult an Urologist as you need a prescription based antibiotic and supportive treatment, urethro-cystoscopy and so on for a curative treatment.Hope this helps you