I have a sister who is in the hospital for

Patient : I have a sister who is in the hospital for possible meningitis and wanted to know if it's a possibility I might have it or getting it.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood that your sister is admitted in the hospital for possible meningitis an d you want to know whether you can have it or getting it. There are some strains of bacterial meningitis that can be contagious. But, this again depends upon many factors. First of all, it has to be confirmed that your sister has meningitis. Secondly, if she has, the strains be contagious. Thirdly, your body resistance. If it is good and strong, you may not have it at all. So do not worry at the moment. See what is the exact diagnosis is and discuss in details with the treating Doctor about further possibilities and measures to be taken. I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask for relevant query if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.