I have a situation with my genitals About 3 days ago,

Patient : I have a situation with my genitals. About 3 days ago, me and my girlfriend engaged in sexual activity without protection. During this, we didn't use lubricant and she gave me sexual pleasure with her hand. Now I have a small-medium scab and dried/broken skin around my penis. There are about three tiny red dots on the head and two where the shaft meets the head. To add to this, she may or may not have had a cold sore at the time. I personally don't think it was a coldsore due to the fact that it had a white head and didn't seem to be little blisters like cold sores really are. Also, it was located right above her top lip, and I've heard that cold sores are usually on the lips themselves. We also kissed yesterday and I am not seeing any signs of having a coldsore on my lips. But there is redness around the area where we thought the coldsore to be. To get to the point, she performed oral sex on the same night my skin got irritated and now I'm concerned. I have not felt any burning or had any pain while urinating. The only time it hurts is when friction happens but I think that's due to the irratation from the unlubricated hand pleasures. There is an itch every now and then but I believe that to be normal as I usually have the normal itch here and there. There are also no blisters or sores around the area. I think I feel tingleness every now and then but I'm not sure if its actually there or from my anxiety about this situation. I have also had cold sores in the past and I've heard that if you've had them in the past there's less of a chance at contracting herpes on your genitals, but I'm not sure how true that is. My concerns are that I'm not sure how to treat this situation of the scab and dried skin and if I am at risk of an STI. Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.
Symptoms:  Itching here and there and pain when friction occurs.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Are you able to look at a photo of my friends lower body - and tell me if you see any worrying skin areas - such as e...

Q: I fave a few small blood blister type bumps on the edge of the head of my penis. Can't figure out what it is called. ...

Q: Hi. I am a 56 yr old female. I went to the doctor because I was having a little discharge, no noticeable odor, (to me...

Q: I have a red patch beneath the penile head under the foreskin, and there is a red spot at the lower end of the penile...

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon