I have a skin tag the size of a pin head

Patient : I have a skin tag the size of a pin head in my arm pit. I tied it with cotton last week but doest not seem to die off and the cotton is cutting in which is uncomfortable. Is this ok?
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. For skin tags, various treatment modalities available include Electrocautery and Ch emical cauterisation using Trichloroacetic acid or potassium hydroxide or phenol. Don't use any home remedies like tying thread or cotton. It may cause infection of the area. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you proper advice. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Stay healthy.