I have a small bump next to my anus Not

Patient

Q: I have a small bump next to my anus. Not sure what it is. Read up on the internet and all likely hood says it is HPV.
However as cliché as it might sound. I can't see any possibility that it can. As I have had only one sexual partner and she also has had only one partner. It is not a hemorrhoid. It looks like a small pimple and I noticed it on the 26 March. Squeezed it... I know one should never! It only bled for a few seconds.
I am smoking quite extensively and have a non existing diet which mostly comprises of fried chicken and bread. I also eat a lot of chocolate and sweets.
I'm 26 years of age white male. Have never in my hole life had someone come near my anus. Only one sexual partner ever same with my partner.
I'm a white male.

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
You mentioned it looks like a small pimple. The appearance of the warts is very different from a small swelling or a pimple-like swelling. Warts are very characteristic and if you see the images of warts you will easily be able to tell whether you have warts or not. Moreover, you can't really squeeze the warts, and you can only tear them from the skin, which again produces profuse bleeding.

Hemorrhoids, as you correctly ruled out, will be associated with other symptoms such as constipation, mass descending down per rectum, and bleeding during defecation.

It could be a local bacterial infection and you can get it examined by a general surgeon who can recommend the application of Mupirocin ointment 2-3 times daily. Although more acute and painful, he can rule out the possibility of a perineal abscess, or a pilonidal cyst. The treatment remains the same, however if more severe, oral antibiotics are preferred.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.