Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a small rash near my cold sore on

I have a small rash near my cold sore on

Patient: I have a small rash near my cold sore on my mouth that itches. I took some valtrax, which I have never took before. What can I do to get rid of the rash?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.If the rash is close to the cold sore, I would like to advise topical antibiotic c ream like mupirocin 2 percent initially followed by a combination of antibiotic and steroid like hydrocortisone.Also, oral antihistaminics like levocetirizine is given for symptomatic relief.Visit your doctor so that he can do a physical examination and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy