I have a small red/pink raised spot on the left

Q: I have a small red/pink raised spot on the left side of my penis shaft, and 3 or 4 more smaller spots of the same colour slightly higher up. I noticed them yesterday after a long international flight. I have not been as regularly sexually active as me and my partner live a longe distance apart. What could this be caused by?

Symptoms:  Red/pink raised spot on penis shaft
I have a small red/pink rai...-1

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

From the image you shared, this looks more like a bacterial infection, and it definitely does not look like any STD.

Also, from your exposure history, STDs can be ruled out.

You need to get a prescription for Mupirocin ointment, and apply 2-3 times daily on the affected area. This will reduce the infection and the bump will recede. This kind of infections can happen due to excessive sweating or due to moist skin. However, they resolve quickly once the ointment is applied.

So, kindly apply the ointment and let me know in 3 days time if there's improvement.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,