I have a small void that seems to have formed

Q: I have a small void that seems to have formed in the middle outside of my shin. I first noticed it after running on the treadmill. It went down but when you press up against it it seems like there's a small portion of my shin muscle just gone.. Like the size of a dime. And it seems as though there is liquid of some sort but it is not above the skin, it is sunken in and when I workout it swells up and looks like a bubble

Symptoms:  Under the surface void on my shin about he shape of a dime. Swells up when running and goes above the surface and looks like a bubble. When not working out it seems as though a part of my shin muscle has just disappeared... With a liquid bubble of some sort under the skin.