I have a sore lump on the hard palate in

Patient

Q: I have a sore lump on the hard palate in my mouth where it meets the soft palate- it's on the left hand side, close to my gums.
The lump feels like bone, but with slight swelling around it. It's very sore to touch and also when swallowing BUT not while eating. When I swallow I feel the pain in my tongue and also slightly in my ear.
To look at it there isn't a clear lump, but the area is darker- almost looks bruised.
Obviously I'm thinking the worse- the c word. I can't seem to find anything else as to what it may be

Symptoms:  Sore bump where hard palate meets soft palate. Hurts to swollen but not eat. Also been experiencing ear ache which may or may not be connected
I have a sore lump on the h...-1
Doctor