I have a splint on for 7 weeks for boxers fracture

Patient: I have ah a splint on for 7 weeks for a boxers fracture in my 5th metatarsal (pinky). The pain is gone but my pinky finger is still very tense and I can’t make a fist or extend it out as far as I should. The ring finger is still a bit tense as well. Do you think it needs to be rehabilitated or it will get better over time. I saw a doctor on the initial injury but was unable to do a follow up because I don’t have a normal doctor. Just wondering what you think. Thank so much!!

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a swelling that has not resolved yet. The swelling may go down wit h these:Rest to the areaIce the area for 15 mins every hourCompression using a crepe bandage or finger sleeveElevation of the finger to allow blood flow back to the heartUse ParacetamolYou may need steroid injection to reduce the swellingSee a Doctor if you do not feel better after 3 days. I hope this helps you.All the best.