I have a spot about the size of a nickle

Patient : I have a spot about the size of a nickle on my face that will not grow facial hair. The odd part is, it migrates. The hair will eventually grow back at the same time it moves to a new location. The bald spot was on my chin, then to my mustache, then to my cheek, then so on and so forth. It remains bald for about a month or two then changes location. Its been happening for a rad over a year. Any idea what causes this or how to stop it?
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Alopecia a erata. It is an autoimmune disease characterised by a patch of complete hair loss over any part of the body. It mostly involves beard area, moustache, scalp. It is a self limiting condition. However if it doesn't settle down on its own, then treatment is advisable. In such cases, I prefer to give intralesional steroid injection once in 3 weeks till hair growth is seen. Get your Blood sugar levels and Thyroid profile done. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and order tests for you. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Take care.

Patient: Thank you for your reply. As someone who has no insurance or money, how much concern should I have over this since I cant see the doctor?