Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a spot the size of a pea on

I have a spot the size of a pea on

Patient: I have a spot the size of a pea on my anus. It hurts when I sit and go for a No. 2. It also hurts when I cough. Can I have some advice please?

I have a spot the size of a...-1

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.It could be a boil due to infected sweat or sabeceous gland .As you are having pain, better to get examined. Delaying the treatment may lead to abscess sometimes.So, please do consult your doctor and get examined. By clinical examination the exact nature of the lesion can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.Antibiotics, anti inflammatory drugs and sitz baths can help in treating the condition usually.Take care