I have a strange feeling from my anus/rectum area all

Patient

Q: I have a strange feeling from my anus/rectum area all the way to my penis. It is not painful. It feels tingly and like i need to have a bowel movement. It started five hours ago

Doctor

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query.
Read and understood your 5-hour history of strange feeling from anus/rectum to penis area - like tingling / need to have bowel movement.
The commonest reasons are:
- Proctitis/colitis meaning inflammation of Rectum and/or colon
- Prostatitis meaning inflammation of the prostate.
- Urges

Your mentioning the age would have helped me.

I would advise you the following:
Consult a Doctor for clinical evaluation, per-rectal digital examination by finger and proctoscopy to have differential diagnosis to have further investigations based on the clinical findings.
In proctitis there would be tenderness and redness of the rectum.
In prostatitis there would be tenderness over the prostate, different palpatory finding like firm, pain, feeling the urge to pass urine.

Further tests of colonoscopy / ultrasonography of the abdomen / per-rectal ultrasonography and related blood, urine and stool tests will help the exact diagnosis and a plan for further management by antibiotic, metronidazole anti-inflammatory medicines can be done.

I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel there is a gap-of-communication.

Patient: I am 39 years old. I don't know how to explain this fully. Will please tell me how to describe it to my family doctor? I don't have an urge to urinate or have bowel movement. I also have not had blood in my stool or urine. It does not hurt to have bowel movement or urinate. It just feels like there is something in my rectum and I need to pass it. The tingly weird feeling is in my testicle/scrotum area and it goes to my penis. Almost like I need to release or something. I have not been sexually active recently. Thank you for your help thus far.
Doctor: Exactly, this appears to be due to prostatic congestion and may get reduced by ejaculation.
I hope that the ejaculation can help you to get rid of the sensation.
If ejaculation does not help much, it may be prostatitis. Tell your Doctor exactly the same thing that is happening.
Do not hesitate.
Please give me the feedback.