I have a stress fracture of my 4th metatarsal in

Patient : I have a stress fracture of my 4th metatarsal in my right foot. it's been 6 weeks since I've been put in a walking boot and it was feeling 98% better until this week where it started hurting again. When I walk or move my pinky toe I can feel my bone cracking or a kind of popping feeling of my bone (kind of the feeling when you crack your fingers) what does this mean? Is a hard cast an ideal option for my foot ?
Symptoms:  Foot pain, cracking
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. I would advise you in such a situation to repeat the X-ray of the area in two views im mediately and get an opinion of an Orthopedic Surgeon as you need the removal of the cast and re-apply. It is possible that there is non-healing. Hard cast helps in stress fractures but sometimes a K-wire is put in for internal fixation for better results. Hope this helps you.