Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a sudden swelling under the left ear and fatigue

I have a sudden swelling under the left ear and fatigue

Patient: I am diabetic also has hyper tension. had fever a week back. I find mild swelling under the left ear near the jaw. It is not painful. but I am getting salted water in the mouth when i see the food at times, that time I will not be able to eat or swallow for some time. I have a soar throat and cough from the past 10-15 days. My T4 level is 16.8 ug/dl. severe fatigue ness. I am dozing off and continuously yawning while I am at work or going of to sleep when I am watching TV. Please suggest if there is any thing serious about my health and if I need to see a diabetic physician or an endocrinalogist??

Symptoms: Frequent Fever, Soar Thorat, mild swelling under the right and left ears, sever fatigueness, NO COLD, T4 reading 16.8ug/dl

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI).Now since you are getting recurrent URTI, you should keep a watch on your blood sugar levels.If you have severe coughing with sputum production, get a Chest X-ray Done to rule out Pneumonia.For URTI, I advise the following:1. To take an antibiotic like Azithromycin.2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetrizine3. To do warm saline gargles.4. To do steam inhalation5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.