I have a swelling in the groin

Patient: Hi docs… I have a big problem here:I operate a non profit horse rescue in Colorado, and I was loading a very violent horse the other day and got kicked in the groin. I’m female and he cracked me with a full on double barrel kick to my pubic bone. The swelling “down there” was immense, almost the size of, say a racquet ball just to the right of my pubis, and some of the blood has concentrated at the contact point and is seeping out. I bruised black from my upper thighs all the way to my belly button, and I’ve also been suffering through pneumonia, and I can feel a fracture when I cough. The bruising has subsided, but there’s still a golf ball sized rupture sitting over my pubic bone that doesn’t seem to want to absorb back onto my body. Excuse me, but it hurts like HELL. I can’t tell if there’s a bone fragment inside, but it’s soft in the middle and hard on the outsides like blood is clotting within. It’s like a big hematoma or abscess and I don’t know what to do. The “stuff” seeping out is dark, dark blood–not pus. Advice? Thanks, Destiny

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is mos t likely hematoma. It will gradually resolve. You need to take analgesics such as ibuprofen, antibiotics and vitamin B and C. As blood is seeping out so dressing may be required. To exclude fracture, you need to get x-ray pelvis. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care