I have a swollen lump under my skin at the

Patient

Q: I have a swollen lump under my skin at the top of my armpit and I had a doctor feel a small lump on my right breast but an ultrasound on my breast came back negative. What should I do?

Symptoms:  Swollen lump under skin at armpit possible lump in right breast
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

You can try to get a mammogram done to see if it helps you get the diagnosis. You may also like to get tested for Brest cancer causing genes. If these are negative, then there is little to worry about. The lump you are feeling may be an adenoma which is a benign lesion and not dangerous. If you have that, then there is not much to worry about. All the best.

Hope this helps you.