I have a swollen lump under my skin at the

Patient : I have a swollen lump under my skin at the top of my armpit and I had a doctor feel a small lump on my right breast but an ultrasound on my breast came back negative. What should I do?
Symptoms:  Swollen lump under skin at armpit possible lump in right breast
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You can try to get a mammogram done to see if it helps you get the diagnosis. You may a lso like to get tested for Brest cancer causing genes. If these are negative, then there is little to worry about. The lump you are feeling may be an adenoma which is a benign lesion and not dangerous. If you have that, then there is not much to worry about. All the best. Hope this helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: I have this lesions on my gum, i attached pictures. What are these lesions on my gum. Are they serious?

Q: Hi,, My tongue over the last week or so, has went from a green tint to now yellow down the front and back. Its not ...

Q: I got into a scuffle in hockey the other day. I bit my tongue. It hasnt closed up really. Its about a half inch long ...

Q: My tongue normally rests at the bottom of my mouth, but a few days ago I noticed that all of a sudden I am constantly...

Q: I recently noticed the small thing under my tongue seems to be swollen or have a couple red bumps. There also appear...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon