Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a throat problem it’s been going on for more than 1 year.

I have a throat problem it’s been going on for more than 1 year.

Patient: I have a throat problem it’s been going on for more than 1 year my left tonsil is swollen and at times has white/yellow stuff coming out of it . I feel like I have so much flem in my throat I feel like I cant even swallow my own saliva . And the back of my throat looks really irritated

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.Following are the possibilities in your case:1. Allergic cough with post nasal dr ip.2. Acid reflux.Get a Chest Xray done, if there are no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough.Initially, you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm.In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers.For acid reflux, you should take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy