I have a throat problem it's been going on for more than 1 year.

Patient : I have a throat problem it's been going on for more than 1 year my left tonsil is swollen and at times has white/yellow stuff coming out of it . I feel like I have so much flem in my throat I feel like I cant even swallow my own saliva . And the back of my throat looks really irritated
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Following are the possibilities in your case: 1. Allergic cough with post nasal dr ip. 2. Acid reflux. Get a Chest Xray done, if there are no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough. Initially, you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast. But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm. In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers. For acid reflux, you should take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy