Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a toddler that is very combative and agurementive

I have a toddler that is very combative and agurementive

Patient: I have a toddler that is very combative and agurementive. Everytime i we tell him to do something he stomps his feet and says no we have tried time out and eveything is medication necessary or what can we try?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that your child has some sort of mental or psychiatric issue which can be consid ered normal in children. The retaliation in children is a normal thing that is seen in the young age groups.This happens because of the phases of growth and they will change with time. Talk to a counsellor or a Child psychiatrist. They will help the child with behavior therapy to help you.Hope this helps you. All the best.