I have a toddler that is very combative and agurementive

Patient

Q: I have a toddler that is very combative and agurementive. Everytime i we tell him to do something he stomps his feet and says no we have tried time out and eveything is medication necessary or what can we try?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that your child has some sort of mental or psychiatric issue which can be considered normal in children. The retaliation in children is a normal thing that is seen in the young age groups.

This happens because of the phases of growth and they will change with time. Talk to a counsellor or a Child psychiatrist. They will help the child with behavior therapy to help you.

Hope this helps you. All the best.