October 16, 2018

Will marijuana be detected in my urine test?

Ask The Doctor > Marijuana > Will marijuana be detected in my urine test?

q&a in partnership with:

Patient: I have a urine test next week and I have been using marijuana. My question is what can I do to flush it out my system? I am 5’9 136lbs. Please help

Doctor: Marijuana can be detected in urine, blood and saliva using testing methods.

THC concentrations in the blood of occasional marijuana users quickly fall below limits of drug testing within 8 to 12 hours of use. However, most drug tests for marijuana compounds are made through urinalysis.

Urinalysis for THC is highly precise and can be detected in urine several weeks or months after initial administration with precision.

Positive urine based marijuana test results generally indicate use within 1-3 days; however, the detection window could be significantly longer following heavy, chronic use. So in general, the amount of time marijuana/THC can be detected depends on the quantity, potency, duration and frequency of ingestion and the method used to detect THC or its metabolites.

Sponsored

×
Show

×
Show

partnership