I have a verruca on my foot, and am worried I may spread the infection to other parts of my body.

Patient

Q: Hi, I have a verruca on the heel of my left foot that I have been treating for a couple of days now. This isnt the problem because I think it may be getting a little better, the problem is I am worried that after I have been putting the jel on the verruca I have been touching or itching my face. I have only just realised what I have been doing, and even after I have touched the verruca I have itched my face. Could there be a possibility I will have some sort of wart on my face at some point? Every time I touch or itch my face now, I am really worried that I may not have washed my hands properly and may be spreading the infection!
Please tell me what could happen. Thank you in advance.

Doctor