Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a very regular cycle I usually last 7 days.

I have a very regular cycle I usually last 7 days.

Patient: I have a very regular cycle. I usually last 7 days. The past few menstrual cycles have been only 22 days long my last period was the 2nd through the 8th of january so therefore my next period would be on the 24th through the 30th but for some reason i missed it i have taken several pregnancy test and all have came back negative i started spotting thursday the 5th of february and then heavy bleeding on the 6th and 7th and now back to spotting again could be i pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If last few cycles have been just 22 days and this cycle , the bleeding has started on 5th feb , 30 days after lamp , then it is still considered to be normal and regular. As per definition if the cycle is between 23-35 days , then it is considered to be normal.The period this month has started naturally with a low flow , then high flow on 6/7th and then again reducing by 8th , this is a normal pattern. If you are still unsure of pregnancy then you may undergo a serum beta hcg test to check raised hcg levels which is characteristic of pregnancy.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards