Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a weird round rash on my wrist for

I have a weird round rash on my wrist for

Patient: I have a weird round rash on my wrist for more then 3 weeks it also itches a bit any ideas?

Symptoms: Itching and redness

I have a weird round rash o...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per de tails, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is fungal infection of skin known as Tinea corporis.It is characterised by annular red colored itchy rash covered with fine scales with prominent margins.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole.You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.He may order KOH test to look for fungal elements also.You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.Stay healthy.