Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a weird throbbing sensation in my vaginal area

I have a weird throbbing sensation in my vaginal area

Patient: I have a weird throbbing sensation in my vaginal area and have a constant urge to urinate have you any idea what may be the problem

Symptoms: Throbbing sensation constant urination

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and proper history.The commonest cause of feeling of throbbing in the vaginal area can b e an inflammation going on. This can be an infected cyst or a small boil or an abscess in the offing.Get an examination by a Gynecologist to get a confirmed diagnosis and a proper treatment .If the examination is normal this can be due to a referred pan due to cystitis.,Get the tests of the blood and urine including culture and sensitivity done.Once you get the reports get a 3 week treatment of an antibiotic and supportive medicines.Always insist on curative treatment .Hope this helps you