Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a white spot almost looks like a scar

I have a white spot almost looks like a scar

Patient: I have a white spot almost looks like a scar but isn’t raised on my scrotum. The scrotum it self seems a little red on the lower part, it was slightly itchy the red area but I used some cortisone cream and no longer itches, I’m not sure but the scrotum may be slightly inflamed. It does not burn when I urainate or ejectulate . I had a high risk sexual encounter but used a condom and some light kissing 4 days ago could this be an std or jock itch since I’ve been working outside more a sweating more.

Symptoms: White scar like spot not raised, red rash on lower scrotum and slight itch

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I have read your query.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per detai ls, there are following possibilities for your symptoms :1 ) Scrotal dermatitis- it is characterised by red colored itchy ill-defined rash over scrotum. Usually this rash extends backwards to involve anal area also.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical steroid like hydrocortisone. Alongwith oral antihistaminics like levocetrizine is advised.2)Tinea – it is fungal infection of skin.It is characterised by red colored itchy s scaly rash.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole.You should keep the area clean and dry.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy

Patient: Thank you I will be settin up an appointment today, Is the white spot anything or just a symptoms of the rash? This isn’t a std though ?