I have acne problems

Patient

Q: Have been struggling with acne for 2 years now. i am 16 years old and i get bullied for my acne. i dont have acne all over the face, i only have acne on my forehead. please help me i need an answer ASAP
i just want to wear make up to cover it. my mom told me about this powder make up, its called asepxia it clears acne and its also a powder make up. should i use it or no
right now im using epiduo.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
Acne is a cause of the hormonal changes during the puberty and hence is the most common problem amongst the teenagers. Asepxia contains salicyclic acid and can act as the anti-inflammatory. Using makeup can block the pores and further cause acne. I recommend a visit to the dermatologist who might prescribe anti bacterial cream to apply on the pimples in case of the pus filled pimples. Use anti- bacterial face wash that would help as well. Use of oil free face creams would further help reduction of the acne.
Hope this information was useful.