Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have almost all symptoms of pregnancy but get negatives?

I have almost all symptoms of pregnancy but get negatives?

Patient: I have almost all symptoms of pregnancy but get negatives? My belly hurts to lay on my boobs are swelling ive gained weight & im rounding in the belly! I have morning sickness & sensitive to smells? Why am I having all these symptoms but a negative test,

Symptoms: Nausea , boob tenderness, fatigue, back pain freguently peeing, morning sickness

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms you have described could be a part of premenstrual syndrome which closel y resemble an early pregnancy.Hence the reports are negative.However, it is recommended that you consult a gynecologist for further examination and rule out an ectopic pregnancy which is one more possibility of a negative test. A beta hCG blood test and repeat the same after 48 hours would ideally rule out an ectopic pregnancy.Hope this was helpful.Regards