I have always had sharp stabbing pain from the left side to centre of chest

Patient : I have always had sharp stabbing pain from the left side to centre of chest since I can remember. It comes and goes and when it happens deep breaths hurt. I had a holter monitor and showed 1min of svt but thats it. My mum always told me the sharp pain was just air bubbles in the chest, is that true ?
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. Most common causes of chest pain are: 1. Muscular Pai n / Costochondritis. 2. Chest pain due to heart issues. 3. Acid peptic disease. Your symptoms most likely represent Acid reflux. We can't afford to miss cardiac reason for chest pain so we always advise to get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not. If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux. For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day. If you have recurrent episodes of acidity, get upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen done. For muscular chest pain, do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy