Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have an inflamed sebaceous cyst in my panty line

I have an inflamed sebaceous cyst in my panty line

Patient: I have an inflamed sebaceous cyst in my panty line. It’s very swollen and painful. The middle is soft but the outside perimeter is hard. Should I be putting warm or cold compresses?

Symptoms: Swelling, redness and inflammation where hard sebaceous cyst is

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.An infected cyst along your panty line with the description you have provided can cause discomfort.It needs an examination and confirmation of the diagnosis by a general surgeon. Do not do any compression as it may not work. It will need an excision under GA.Kindly write back for further clarifications.Hope this helped.Regards