I have an inflamed sebaceous cyst in my panty line

Patient : I have an inflamed sebaceous cyst in my panty line. It's very swollen and painful. The middle is soft but the outside perimeter is hard. Should I be putting warm or cold compresses?
Symptoms:  Swelling, redness and inflammation where hard sebaceous cyst is
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. An infected cyst along your panty line with the description you have provided can cause discomfort. It needs an examination and confirmation of the diagnosis by a general surgeon. Do not do any compression as it may not work. It will need an excision under GA. Kindly write back for further clarifications. Hope this helped. Regards