I have an injury on my leg and I am wondering what it is.

Patient : Hi. About an hour ago I tripped and fell, and my leg hit the stairs. At first it was a lot of pain but had a numbing effect to it, and as i tried to walk I was limping. After sitting for a while ( I was at a school concern watching) I got up to leave and I was fine as far as walking, and running. When I touched it or palpated it it hurt a lot; but not as much as it did initially. Once I came home I took my jeans of to see how bad it was and it turned out that there was a huge, noticeable bump on the leg with he injury, and it almost looked like edema, except there was also some blood that had risen against the skin. I was wondering what the injury was, and if there was a possibility that the bone was broken, as well as what can i do to help my leg, other than put ice on it.
Symptoms:  Edema, swelling, blood right under skin, pain, numbness