I have an insect bite that has bruised significantly Should

Patient : I have an insect bite that has bruised significantly. Should i see a doctor or go to an ER?
Doctor :   Hi. Read and understood your history of an insect bite that has caused significant bruise. You can do either of the things whichever can be done at the earliest as you may need the proper medicines like antibiotic, anti-inflammatory particularly the steroids and antihistamines as soon as possible to avoid the spread of the poison and/or infection. Till then just apply liquid povidone iodine all over the lesion and skin around, take anti histamine like Cetirizine or whichever you have. I hope this answer will help you.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, I had a small cut on my fingernail and a few weeks ago after a bowel movement some fecal matter got through the...

Q: I just used a public toliet. While going to the bathroom (pooping) the poop hit the toilet water and splashed back up...

Q: I have blister and redness on skin next to big toenail and below toe nail red spots. Nail has had white fungus on it...

Q: Hi doctor, My mother in law used a bar of soap that had remnants of raw ground chicken on it to wash her hands. She ...

Q: What is the best course of treatment for persistent Blastocystis Hominis?


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon