Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have an irregular menstrual cycle and i havent got

I have an irregular menstrual cycle and i havent got

Patient: I have an irregular menstrual cycle and i havent got my period in 42 days(counting from the first day igot my last period) . A week ago iwoke up with my stomach hurting(like in the lower center of my stomach under/by my belly button) and it went away after like 20 min. Ever since that happened ive been having kind of small little sharp pains that come and go every now and then, i dont get them everyday but only sometimes and ive been feeling a bit bloated and my breasts have been a bit sore(not too much though) and my vagina has been a bit itchy. There could be a possibility that i might be pregnant but i wanna know if there could be a chance that imight have an infection or something other than being pregnant?

Symptoms: Lower stomach cramps, sore breasts , bloated

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms you have described could be due to premenstrual syndrome which causes pa in abdomen, cramps, breast aches and mood swings which can resemble an early pregnancy.However, we will have to rule out pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy has to be ruled out as well. You will also need to be tested for vaginitis and pelvic inflammatory disease by a high vaginal swab and an ultrasound.it is recommended that you consult a gynecologist for an examination and specific investigations to rule out the above causes and treat you accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards