Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have an itchy patch of skin on my forehead

I have an itchy patch of skin on my forehead

Patient: I have an itchy patch of skin on my forehead that is not relieved with e45 cream. It is not red or inflamed and it isn’t particularly flaky. It itches intensely sporadically not continuously throughout the day. It is almost a round shape about 2cm diameter but as I said is not red or discoloured in any way. I already take antihistamines for hayfever and they don’t help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms :1 ) Tinea f acei : it is fungal infection of skin involving the face characterised by red colored itchy scaly rash.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole.2 ) Lichen simplex chronicus: it is a type of eczema.In such cases, I advise topical steroid like hydrocortisone on the affected area.In both cases, antihistaminics like levocetirizine is advised for symptomatic relief.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy