I have an open sore that I found on my

Patient

Q: I have an open sore that I found on my c section line or scar. I went in to my OB on Monday and he didn't do much but give me keflex 500 MG Qid. The sore has increased in size pain and my temp is steady 99.5-100 I have no idea how long it's been there but it's not getting any better.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The presence of open sore over the C-section scar line definitely indicates an infection which was as thought of by your OBG and prescribed cephelexin ( cephalosporin) for the treatment. If there has been no change in the sore and there has been increase in size and pain and the fever has not subsided, it indicates the likely formation of a local abscess already or that you are resistant to KEFLEX possibly.

In either scenario, a repeat local exam is mandatory and a swab culture/ sensitivity is to be performed from the sore to isolate the likely causative organism and its sensitivity pattern. If there has been an abscess formation already then it would have to be drained out else depending on the sensitivity pattern, a sensitive antibiotic may have to be started to seek early remission.
Please review with your physician soon.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you speedy recovery,