I have anxiety and hypoglycemia The symptoms are close so

Q: I have anxiety and hypoglycemia. The symptoms are close so I've been testing my bloodcsugar up to 10 times per day sometimes I do it in a panicked way and wipe the needle with a tissue so it's not sterile. I'm worried I could get sick. The testing site is not infected looking. Could I still be sick?

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
I understand your concern completely, being a hypoglycaemic, the need to keep a check with frequent blood sugar testing is often mandatory. Though it is advised that the needle should be cleaned each time with spirit or alcohol if you are using the same needle again. Moreover if possible a separate needle or lancet should be used each time.
But your concern on being sick after just wiping it with tissue is genuine. It can get you sick and cause a local infection or cellulitis. If there hasn't been any recently then hence make it a point to clean it with spirit or alcohol each time you use it.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you good health,