Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been at home all day and I hv sharp pain

I have been at home all day and I hv sharp pain

Patient: I have been at home all day and I felt fine. But the next minute I was having extremely sharp pains in my head and I now have a terrible migraine. I am prone to headaches/migraines but I have never experienced this. It came on very fast, and strongly. Should I be worried?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical platform.If you are suffering from Migraine Head aches, you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of migraine.If you are on Migraine prophylaxis, slowly, your severity and frequency of attacks would reduce and a time will come, when you will have almost no attacks.Let me brief you about the pattern of Migraine headaches.Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia. So, if you have these symptoms then probably you have Migraine.A Neurological Examination, fundus examination are must to rule out any other Neurological problem which might also require Neuroimaging.For Migraine prophylaxis drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitriptyline are used.Share my opinion with your doctor and get treated.Get Well Soon.Good Luck.Stay Healthy